Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The tshirts


Here is a picture of my sweet Peter. This was the most crafty part of Outdoor Awareness Day. I'm really not a out in the woods kind of gal. So I was stationed at the table that made fossils. The kids took a cup, filled it part way with dirt, then took a shell (covered in vaseline) and a leaf, then we poured plaster on top. The next day they discovered the fossil they had made.

The kids loved the day of outdoor learning. I was truly impressed with the day. I think traditional learning is great, but alternative learning is so much fun and just as important.


The kids seemed to like the tshirts. They had their classmates sign the backs of the shirts. It was a very fun day!!


1 comment:

kathy said...

love those shirts..........man-o-mana-chivitz........if you made 73 shirts you worked like a dog...............i'm sure the kids loved them.....and i hope the parents appreciated your hard work, too!!

love you!
kathy